The Regional Museum of Messina
The "National Museum", concessed to the Sicilian Region with the application of island's autonomy, was conceived after 1908 in the premises of a former silk mill, in the esplanade of San Salvatore of the Greeks (at the cross between viale della Libertà e viale Annunziata) to receive all of artistic that was possible to recover from the rubble of the city.
It houses, among the most important works, many of artists of Messina, then the Altarpiece of St. Gregory and another double face tablet by Antonello da Messina, and two paintings by Michelangelo Merisi, called Caravaggio, The Raising of Lazarus and the Adoration of the Shepherds.

The museum of culture and popular music of Peloritani
Opened in 1996 in the district "chalk" of the north area of the city..Unique of its kind in Sicily, its museum exhibition is based on the multidisciplinarity criterion: video, hypertext, listening to digital, animation with traditional musicians and singers, literary media, photos, icons,and didactic teaching.

Gallery of modern and contemporary provincial art
Opened in 1998, it is located in the building of the Regional Province of Messina (entrance in via XXIV Maggio) in the Gallery of Modern and Contemporary art, you can find work of important artists such us: Renato Guttuso, Giuseppe Migneco, Felice Casorati, Lucio Fontana, Giò Pomodoro, Liberman, Franco Angeli, Agostino Bonalumi, Mimmo Rotella, Corrado Cagli, Giuseppe Santomaso, Toti Scialoja, Hodkin, Mario Mafai, Alighiero Boetti.

The Treasure of the Cathedral of Messina
Guarded and exposed in the added body on the South side of Temple, it is a rich collection of precious objects of worship belonging to the Cathedral since the Middle Ages, most of silverware made by the famous goldsmith school Messina.

The Historical Museum of the permanent fortification of the Straits of Messina
Founded in 2003 under the patronage of the city of Messina and of the UNESCO, it is housed in the premises of the umbertino Fort, one of the many built on both sides of the Strait around 1890 in order to defend the strait from a feared French invasion. 
 The exhibition, starts from the ballistic studies of general Giovanni Cavalli, inventor of the rifling of cannons, that tells the story of the defense of the Straits from the unitary period till the II post-World War through iconographic tables and objects belonging to the structure. The fort also houses the biggest cannon of the second World War (16 tons for 10 meters in length), donated by the Defense Ministry and declared war memorial of all wars.

Permanent Exhibition on Salvatore Quasimodo -  "Life isn’t a dream"
It Collects in a permanent exhibition,  manuscripts, documents, photographs, publications, honors from the Quasimodo Archive ,acquired by the Regional Province of Messina. The exhibition aims to highlight the fundamental aspects of life and works of Salvatore Quasimodo (who lived most of his life in the city of the Strait), it is divided into nine sections, which exhibits some significant works of the poet but also of the translator, art critic, theater critic and even of the librettist of musical works.

The astronomical clock of Messina
Part of the city’s cathedral, it was built by the Ungerer Company of Strasbourg in 1933. Considered the largest astronomical clock of the World, it is integrated into the church Tower (rebuilt at the beginning of the century after the earthquake), wich is the most characteristic element.

"Vittorio Emanuele II" Theatre
The first modern theatre in Sicily, whose real name is Saint Elisabeth, cancelled after the Unity of Italy: In fact it was not built by Savoia, but by Borbone between the 1842 and the 1852. The inside ceiling is decorated by a large fresco by Renato Guttuso, depicting "the legend of Colapesce".

The zological museum of "Cambria"
Pertaining the Department of animal Biology and marine ecology of the Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences, of the University of Messina, it is situated in the premises of the department in the University district of contrada Sperone, in the North side of the city. Very interestic from a naturalistic point of view, it preserves a rich collection of vertebrates, insects and mollusks, with a particular reference to the fauna of Messina Strait.

Municipal Acquarium
Situated in the northern side of the central "Villa Mazzini", it was built in the late fifties by the Thalassographic Institute of CNR of Messina. The aquarium, then went to municipal property, it homes today 22 Mediterranean tanks and 8 aquariums that reproduce the aquatic environments of the world around 100 fish species. There is also as adjoining a museum of marine fauna.

"Pietro Castelli” Botanical Garden
It is one of the three sicilian botanical garden, founded by the roman doctor and botanic Pietro Castelli in 1638 with the name of "Hortus simplicium" ("Garden of simple") or "Hortus messinensis" ("Garden of Messina"); since its foundation, it belongs to the University of Messina. It is located in piazza XX Settembre.